Become a Teacher
Who are Landmark Teaching School Alliance?
Landmark Teaching School Alliance is led by one designated teaching school: St Bede’s Catholic Voluntary Academy. The alliance brings together schools across Redcar and Cleveland, and works in partnership with the University of Durham. All members work together, to provide a high-quality teacher-training experience for primary trainee teachers.
What is School Direct?
School Direct is a school-based teacher training programme where you become an trainee teacher in a school from the very first day of your training.
Why train to teach with Landmark Teaching School Alliance?
As a trainee teacher with Landmark, you join a team of staff committed to delivering the highest quality learning and teaching to children in Redcar and Cleveland. You can immerse yourself in school life from day one. Your mentors will support you fully, using innovative training to enable you to become a resilient, successful and fulfilled professional who can make a difference.
What can Landmark School Direct offer you?
- Teaching placements in a network of schools in our alliance
- Trained mentors in all schools supporting every aspect of your professional development
- Professional studies sessions facilitated by outstanding teachers, centred around issues directly related to teaching and learning in our schools
- Regular pedagogical training sessions at the University of Manchester (primary)
- Gaining Qualified Tutor Status (QTS)
- Support with further professional development in your first year of teaching